Durham AWWTF Phase 5 Secondary Treatment System Expansion Proj. 6757
- Opens 3/16/2018
- Closes 4/26/2018
- Status Open
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Bids for construction of the Durham AWWTF Phase 5 Secondary Treatment System Expansion Project No. 6757 (Project), should be addressed to Michelle Mann, Administrative Assistant, at the office of Clean Water Services (Owner), located at Durham Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility, 16060 S.W. 85th Avenue, Tigard, Oregon 97224 (Owner’s Office), until 2:00 p.m., local time, on REVISED April 26, 2018. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered. No electronic submissions will be accepted. First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms must be delivered to the same location at or before 4:00 p.m. local time on the same day in a separate envelope from the Bid.
Bids will then be publicly opened and read at 4:00 p.m. local time on REVISED April 26, 2018 at Owner’s Office.
Contractor shall complete the Work as specified or indicated in Owner's Contract Documents entitled Durham AWWTF Phase 5 Secondary Treatment System Expansion Project No. 6757. The Work is generally described as follows:
The Work under this Contract will consist of, but is not limited to furnishing all labor, materials and equipment necessary to:
1. Install a new aeration basin, Aeration Basin 5, to provide enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) and ammonia removal.
2. Install new influent piping from the existing Primary Effluent Pump Station to new Aeration Basin 5.
3. Install a new secondary clarifier (SC), Secondary Clarifier 5, dedicated to Aeration Basin 5.
4. Extend the existing below grade operations tunnel adjacent to existing treatment trains 3 and 4 to new Aeration Basin 5.
5. Install a new Return Activated Sludge and Waste Activated Sludge Pumping Station serving new Secondary Treatment Train 5 within the tunnel extension, with space for future equipment to serve a future secondary treatment train (Train 6).
6. Install a secondary effluent conveyance channel to convey effluent from existing SCs 3 and 4, and new SC 5 to a new Secondary Effluent Collection Structure (SECS).
7. Install a new Secondary Effluent Collection Structure to allow diversion of excess secondary effluent to existing surge basins, including piping connections to the existing Secondary Effluent Diversion Structure (SEDS), modifications to the existing SEDS and existing surge basins.
8. Install temporary pumping as necessary to maintain tertiary treatment of secondary effluent during modifications to the existing SEDS and connection of the new SECS to the existing SEDS.
9. Install modifications to the existing surge basins to allow use by secondary effluent.
10. Install new building to house electrical distribution and instrumentation and controls equipment associated with Secondary Treatment Train 5 with room for future expansion.
11. Extend existing aeration blower air piping and existing utilities to Aeration Basin 5, SC5 and associated pumping stations.
12. Install a new bio-filter based odor control system including new blowers and odor control ducting.
13. Install yard piping, asphalt roadway, curbing, storm drain collection structures and other surface and underground improvements.
14. Install a new motor control center, electrical panelboards, transformers, instrumentation and control panels, associated conduits, conductors, and other appurtenances necessary to complete the Work and to provide a complete and functional system constructed in accordance with the Contract Documents.
The Site of the Work is the Durham Facility, located at 16580 S.W. 85th Avenue, Tigard, Oregon 97224 (Site).
The Work is a public works project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870.
The estimated construction cost of the Work is $27,000,000.
The Bidding Documents are entitled “Durham AWWTF Phase 5 Secondary Treatment System Expansion Project No. 6757” (Solicitation Title).
TO OBTAIN BID DOCUMENTS:
Bidders may download an electronic copy of the Bidding Documents by completing the section to request the document package on Owner’s website at http://bids.cleanwaterservices.org
(Website) under the Solicitation Title. A prospective Bidder’s information will be accumulated for a Bid Holder's List, which is available on the Website, and Bidder’s email will be used to send automatic notifications when Owner posts a new document or changes information related to this solicitation. Prospective Bidders are responsible for obtaining any Addenda from either Owner’s Website under the Solicitation Title or by using any links provided in automatic emails that may come from the Owner.. Prospective Bidders may subscribe to Owner's Open Solicitations RSS feed at the same Website address and will be notified when an Addendum to or clarifications of the Bidding Documents have been posted. If problems are experienced downloading the Bidding Documents, please contact Michelle Mann at 503-547-8035. Bidding Documents may also be examined at Engineer’s office, Black & Veatch, Inc. located at 5885 Meadows Road, Suite 700, Lake Oswego, OR 97035.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) and insurance prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
Prior to submission of its Bid, Bidder shall be registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board.
Bidders shall be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279C in order to submit a Bid for public work in Oregon.
If you have questions about Bidding Documents, Bid Results and the Bid Holder’s list, or to fulfill other administrative issues, contact the Owner:
Clean Water Services
Ms. Michelle Mann
16060 S.W. 85th Avenue
Tigard, OR 97224
Fax: 503/547-8001 email@example.com
To address technical issues, contact the Engineer:
Black & Veatch Corporation
5885 Meadows Rd. Suite 700
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Prospective Bidders are encouraged to attend a prebid conference and Site visit that will begin at 2:00 p.m. local time on March 22, 2018 and last for approximately 2 hours. The conference will be held at the Owner’s Office, Admin Building Conference Room, and will be followed by the Site visit.
Owner’s right is reserved to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.
Dated this March 16, 2018