Rock Creek AWWTF PPS-1 Replacement Project No. 6781
- Opens 11/30/2016
- Closes 1/18/2017
- Status Results Posted
Sealed Bids will be received by Ms. Jennifer To, Project Manager, at the office of Clean Water Services (OWNER) located at the Rock Creek Facility, 3235 SW River Road, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123 (OWNER’S Office), until 2:00 p.m. local time, on January 18, 2017, for the Rock Creek AWWTF – PPS-1 Replacement Project No. 6781. Any Bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. No electronic submissions will be accepted. First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms must be delivered to the same location at or before 4:00 p.m. local time on the same day in a separate envelope from the Bid.
The Bids will be publicly opened and read at 4:00 p.m. local time on January 18, 2017 at OWNER’S Office.
Each of the existing switchgear, switchboard, and padmount gears (PPS or SWGR) is a double-ended feed unit, which can be referred to as A and B. Existing PPS-1 can be referred to as PPS-1 A and B; existing SWGR-4 can also be referred to as SWGR-4A and B; existing PMS-1 can also be referred to as PMS-1A and B; and existing 10SWGR-1 can also be referred to as 10SWGR-1A and B.
The WORK is a public works project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870. The WORK under this Contract will consist of, but is not limited to, furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the following:
1. Install new ductbanks, conduits, and conductors in the Rock Creek IPS and PPS-1 and in the TU-3 and TU-4 areas. Some of the conductors will be routed through existing and new ductbanks.
2. Off-load, assemble, and install new OWNER pre-purchased, PPS-1 switchgear including a pre-fabricated enclosure.
3. Provide and install new switchgear 100SWGR-4.
4. Relocate existing liquid-filled transformers TU-3 and TU-4.
5. Drain mineral oil from existing TU-3 and TU-4, install new primary and secondary bushings and termination blades, refill transformers with new mineral oil and test transformers.
6. Testing and commissioning and start-up services for PPS-1 including pre- fabricated electrical enclosure, new switchgear 100SWGR-4, and relocated transformers TU-3, TU-4, and all associated appurtenances necessary to complete the WORK.
7. Demolish existing PPS-1, 10SWGR-1A/B, SWBD-4, PMS-1A and PMS-1B, underground vaults and ductbanks and exposed unused conduits with all associated unused components.
8. Convert one underground vault to a manhole.
9. Furnish and install related equipment, piping, fabricated metal accessories, painting, electrical, instrumentation and control, reinforced concrete, site work and other appurtenances necessary to complete the WORK and to provide a complete and functional system constructed in accordance with the Contract Documents (WORK).
The WORK must be substantially complete by August 30, 2017.
The site of the WORK is located at the Rock Creek Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility, located at 3235 SW River Road, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123 (Site).
The estimated construction cost of the WORK is $1,577,924.00.
The Bidding Documents are entitled Rock Creek AWWTF – PPS-1 Replacement Project No. 6781.
Obtaining Bidding Documents:
Bidders may request an electronic copy of the Bidding Documents from OWNER’s website at (Website) by selecting the title of the Bidding Documents and completing the section to request the document package. This information will be accumulated by OWNER for a Bid Holders List, which is available on the Website, and a bidder’s email will be used to send bidders automatic notifications when OWNER posts a new document or changes information related to the Bidding Documents. Contractors are responsible for obtaining any Addenda by using the link provided in the automatic email. If you would also like to receive notifications by RSS feed, you may subscribe to OWNER’S Open Solicitations RSS feed at http://bids.cleanwaterservices.org
. If you experience problems downloading the Bidding Documents, please contact OWNER. Additional options for viewing, obtaining or purchasing the Bidding Documents, half-size or full-size drawings, or specifications are further described in Subsection 2.1 of Section 00100 and on OWNER’s website.
Each Bid shall be accompanied by a certified or cashier's check or Bid Bond in the amount of 10 percent of the Total Bid Price payable to OWNER as a guarantee that the Bidder, if its Bid is accepted, will promptly execute the Agreement. A Bid shall not be considered unless one of the forms of Bidder's security is enclosed with it. Each Bid must contain a statement as to whether a Bidder is a Resident Bidder as defined by ORS 279A.120.
The Bidder shall guarantee the Total Bid Price for a period of 60 calendar days from the date of Bid opening.
Prospective bidders are required to attend a mandatory pre-bid conference and Site visit that will begin at 9:00 a.m. and last until approximately 11:00 a.m. local time on December 7, 2016 at the OWNER’S Office and will be followed by the Site visit. Failure to attend the pre-bid conference will result in an automatic bid rejection. The purpose of the conference and Site visit is to discuss the scope of the Project and bidding requirements and to acquaint Bidders with Site conditions. Detailed technical questions may be submitted in writing but they will be answered, if warranted, by addenda later. Oral statements may not be relied upon and will not be binding or legally effective.
For assistance with administrative issues, contact
Clean Water Services
For technical issues, contact
Carollo Engineers, Inc. (ENGINEER):
Attention: Mr. Jamshid (JD) Dorafsha, P.E.
Carollo Engineers, Inc.
2700 Ygnacio Valley Road, Suite 300
Prior to submission of its Bid, Bidder shall be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board as required by ORS 701.055, and thereafter comply with the requirements of ORS 701.035 to 701.137 (or, for landscaping projects, licensed by the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board). Bidders need not be licensed under ORS 468A.720 (regarding licensing of contractors on projects involving asbestos abatement.)
Bidders shall be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279C in order to submit a bid for public work in Oregon.
Owner reserves the right to cancel this solicitation or reject any Bid that does not comply with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, including the requirement to demonstrate the Bidder’s responsibility under ORS 279C.375(3)(b). Owner may reject any Bid in accordance with ORS 279C.395.