Durham WASSTRIP Improvements Project No. 7045
- Opens 10/7/2020
- Closes 11/12/2020
- Status Open
Sealed Bids for construction of the Durham WASSTRIP Improvements Project No. 7045 (Project) will be accepted by Michelle Mann electronically via Bid Locker at https://bidlocker.us/details/1290_Itb___Durham_Wasstrip_Improvements_Project
(Bid Locker) until 2:00 p.m., local time, Thursday, November 12, 2020. Before Bidders can submit their Bids, they will need to register with Bid Locker at https://bidlocker.us/Home/bidlockerus
. There is no cost to register. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered. First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms must be electronically submitted to Bid Locker at or before 4:00 p.m. local time on the same day through Bid Locker (Deadline). If Bidder fails to submit a disclosure form with the information required by the stated Deadline, the Bid will be deemed nonresponsive and will not be considered. Owner will not accept Bids by facsimile or email.
Bids will then be publicly opened and read aloud by telephone conference at 2:00 p.m. local time on November 12, 2020 at Owner’s Office. Bidders can attend the opening by calling the telephone conference number (503) 681-4498.
Contractor shall complete the work as specified or indicated in Owner’s Contract Documents for the Project. The Project contemplated consists of, but is not limited to furnishing all labor, materials and equipment necessary to:
• Convert an existing concrete tank to a Waste Activated Sludge (WAS) Equalization Tank with associated piping and valves.
• Install new WAS Pre-Thickening Feed Pumps and associated piping and valves in the existing Aeration Tunnel.
• Install new WAS piping and valves from the WAS Pre-Thickening Feed Pumps in the Aeration Tunnel, through the tunnel system, Solids Building Basement to the Rotary Drum Thickeners in Digester Complex 1 (DC1).
• Install two Rotary Drum Thickeners and their appurtenances including wash water booster pumps, controls, sludge hoppers, access platforms and polymer mixers in DC1.
• Install new P-Release Transfer Pumps in the ground level of DC1.
• Install a pumped jet mixing system including piping, nozzles, and a mix pump associated with the P-release Tank (a former anaerobic digester) in lower level of DC1.
• Install an odor control system for the P-release Tank consisting of ducting and an at grade carbon cannister odor control system.
• Piping and HVAC system modifications within DC1.
• Install new Thickening Centrifuge Feed Pumps in the lower level of DC1.
• Install new piping and valves from the Thickening Centrifuge Feed Pumps through the tunnel system to piping located in the Solids Building.
• Modify piping associated with the chemical sludge system to change the point of discharge to the filter drain.
• Install new polymer blending units and associated piping, valves, and controls in the existing Solids Building.
• Install exposed and buried piping, valves, and instruments associated with the equipment and systems outlined above.
• Install new motor controls, variable frequency drives, electrical panelboards, transformers, instrumentation and control panels, associated conduits, conductors, and other appurtenances necessary to complete the Work and to provide a complete and functional system constructed in accordance with the Contract Documents.
The Work Site is located at Durham Advanced Water Rescouce Recovery (AWRRF) Facility, 16580 SW 85th Ave, Tigard, OR 97224 (Site).
The Work is a public works project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870.
The estimated construction cost of the Work is $3,910,000.
The Bidding Documents are entitled “Durham WASSTRIP Improvements Project No. 7045.”
Bidding Documents and Bid Results should be downloaded from the Owner's Website at http://bids.cleanwaterservices.org
(Website) under the Project name. Prospective Bidders are responsible for obtaining any Addenda from either Owner's Website under the Project name or by using the links provided in automatic emails that come from the Owner. If problems are experienced downloading the Bidding Documents, please contact Michelle Mann at 503-547-8035.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders. Bidders must deliver the original of the Bid security to Owner’s office at Rock Creek AWRRF, Engineering Building, 3235 SE River Road, Hillsboro, OR 97123 within five business days of the Deadline or Owner may declare the Bid nonresponsive.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) and insurance prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
Prior to submission of its Bid, Bidder shall be registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board.
The Work does not involve asbestos, so the requirements of ORS 468A.700 through 468A.760 shall not apply.
Bidders shall be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279C in order to submit a Bid for public work in Oregon.
To address technical issues, contact the Engineer: Craig Massie, 541-768-3478, Craig.Massie@jacobs.com
Prospective Bidders are required to schedule and attend a prebid conference and Site visit on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 between 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Site visit appointments can be scheduled by contacting Michelle Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Each one-hour session will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, with a limited number of attendees allowed at each session. Attendees will be required wear a mask when on-site. Michelle will provide additional instructions when scheduling the appointments. Representatives of Owner and Engineer will be present to discuss the Project.
Owner reserves its right to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.