Sealed Bids for construction of Rock Creek Chemical Elevator Project No. 7050 addressed to Michelle Mann, Program Support Specialist, will be received at the office of Clean Water Services (Owner), Rock Creek AWWTF, 3235 SE River Road, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
(Owner’s Office), until, 2:00 p.m. local time, on August 6, 2020. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered. First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms must be delivered to the same location at or before 4:00 p.m. local time on the same day in a separate envelope from the Bid (Deadline). If Bidder fails to submit a disclosure form with the information required by the stated Deadline, the Bid will be deemed nonresponsive and will not be considered.
Bids will then be publicly opened and read at 2:00 p.m. local time on August 6, 2020 at Owner’s Office.
Contractor will complete all work as specified or indicated in Owners’ Contract Documents for the Project. The Project contemplated consists of, but is not limited to furnishing all labor, materials and equipment necessary to provide a turn-key elevator replacement in the Rock Creek AWWTF Chemical building (Chemical Building) including doing the following (collectively, the Work):
1. Demolish the existing traction elevator cab, machinery and controls located in the Chemical Building as necessary to complete the work.
2. Maintain and protect the existing hoistway doors and entryways on each landing for the elevator during construction.
3. Furnish one new machine room-less traction elevator with all parts and components from a single manufacturer and installed by individuals certified to complete the work.
4. Integrate the existing hoistway doors into controls for the new machine room-less traction elevator.
5. Replace all existing smoke detectors, wiring, and associated controls connected to the Chemical Building elevator.
6. Acquire and pay for all necessary building, structural, and electrical permits required by any authority having jurisdiction.
7. Replace all electrical components needed to comply with changes in building codes and changes in equipment to provide a turn-key solution for the new Chemical Building elevator. Replace existing power feeder circuit breakers, raceway, and local disconnect for the connection to Chemical Building elevator.
8. Provide control outputs for the elevator common alarm, which consists of smoke detection and elevator fail so that they can be connected to Owner’s SCADA in the future.
9. Patch and fireproof wall in existing Elevator Machine Room as needed by code for equipment removed during construction.
10. Remove and dispose of all components, and related debris demolished during construction.
11. The Work also includes furnishing and installing equipment related to any safety plan during construction and other appurtenances necessary to complete the Work and to provide a complete and functional system in accordance with the Contract Documents.
The Work Site is located at Chemical Building at the Rock Creek AWWTF, located at 3235 SE River Road, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123 (Site).
The Work is a public works project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870.
The estimated construction cost of the Work is $242,000.
The Bidding Documents are entitled “Rock Creek Chemical Elevator Project No. 7050.”
Bidding Documents and Bid Results should be downloaded from the Owner's Website at http://bids.cleanwaterservices.org (Website) under the Project name. A prospective Bidders information will be accumulated for a Bid Holder's List, which is available on the Website, and Bidder’s email will be used to send automatic notifications when the Owner posts a new document or changes information related to this solicitation. Prospective Bidders are responsible for obtaining any Addenda from either Owner's Website under the Project name or by using the links provided in automatic emails that may come from the Owner. Prospective Bidders may subscribe to Owner's Open Solicitations RSS feed at the same Website address and will be notified when an Addendum to or clarifications of the Bidding Documents have been posted. If problems are experienced downloading the Bidding Documents, please contact Michelle Mann at 503-547-8035.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) and insurance prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
Prior to submission of its Bid, Bidder shall be registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board.
Bidders shall be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279C in order to submit a Bid for public work in Oregon.
To address technical issues, contact Tonya Zinzer, the Project Manager: telephone: 503-547-8057, email: email@example.com.
To fulfill other administrative issues, contact Michelle Mann, the Program Support Specialist: telephone: 503-547-8035, email: MannM@cleanwaterservices.org.
Prospective Bidders are required to attend a prebid conference and Site visit that will be done by appointment on July 22, 2020 or July 23, 2020 between 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by contacting Tonya Zinzer by phone 503-547-8057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The conference will last approximately two hours. Representatives of Owner will be present to discuss the Project.
Owner reserves its right to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.