Durham AWWTF - Train 5 Unit Substation Project No. 6967
- Opens 6/14/2019
- Closes 7/3/2019
- Status Results Posted
Sealed Bids will be received by Mr. Moe Khorsandian, Project Manager, c/o Michelle Mann at the office of Clean Water Services (OWNER) located at the Rock Creek Advanced Waste Water Treatment Facility, 3235 SE River Rd., Hillsboro, OR. 97123 (OWNER’S Office), until 2:00 p.m. local time, on July 3, 2019, for the Durham AWWTF – Train 5 Unit Substation Project No. 6967. Any Bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. No electronic submissions will be accepted. First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms must be delivered to the same location at or before 4:00 p.m. local time on the same day (Deadline) in a separate envelope from the Bid. If Bidder fails to submit a disclosure form with the information required by the stated Deadline, the Bid will be considered nonresponsive and will not be considered.
The Bids will be publicly opened and read at 2:00 p.m. local time on July 3, 2019 at OWNER’S Office.
CONTRACTOR shall complete the WORK as specified or indicated in OWNER's Contract Documents. The WORK consists of but not limited to offloading, assembly, and installation of a complete OWNER pre-purchased unit substation, comprising of two new addition of MV load break switches; two 13.2/480V, oil filled transformers; a double ended, MTM, 480V, 3200A switchgear lineup pre-installed in an outdoor E-house. Work also includes providing and installing all support infrastructure including electrical vaults; conduits and cablings; duct bank, structural pads, blast wall and containment; anchoring; civil scope for containment drains; excavations, shoring, paving and grading; startup and testing support.
The WORK is a public works project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870. The WORK under this Contract will consist of, but is not limited to, furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the following:
1. Extend existing housekeeping pad of existing MV switchgear SW-5005 at both ends. Move in place and anchor two Owner-purchased MV load break switches. Connect switches to the existing switchgear bus.
2. Provide and install MV cables from new load break switches to the new transformers using conduits, existing cable tray in tunnel, existing duct bank, and new duct bank to the transformers and land per design drawings.
3. Provide and install underground MV and LV duct bank, ground grid, conduits and electrical vaults per design drawings.
4. Prepare area designated for installation of new unit substation transformer, E-House and electrical vaults and conduits. Scope includes, but is not limited to, removal of all trees and shrubs; excavation and dirt removal and hauling it off site; underground drain piping and connection to sanitary line; shoring, backfilling and grading as required.
5. Provide and install structural pads, containment wall, blast wall, containment drain piping, valves and connections per design drawings.
6. Offload, assemble, and install new Owner-purchased transformers, aligning them with conduit stubs per design drawings.
7. Offload, assemble, and install Owner-purchased E-House enclosure containing LV switchgear, aligning it with conduit stubs per design drawings.
8. Provide and install MV and LV cabling per design drawings.
9. Extend fiber cable to new E-House distribution enclosure.
10. Pull back existing PEPS MCC feeders back to the last vault 08EMH9902 and re-feed them to the new switchgear via new conduits and vaults per design drawings and per construction sequence.
11. Testing, commissioning and start-up services for the new substation including MV load breaks, transformers, pre-fabricated electrical E-House, new LV switchgear, downloading of protective device settings, and all associated appurtenances necessary to complete the WORK.
12. Remove portion of old PEPS MCC feeder cables from cable tray and duct bank and dispose of.
13. Furnish and/or install all other related equipment, piping, fabricated metal accessories, touch up painting, electrical, instrumentation and control, and other appurtenances necessary to complete the WORK and to provide a complete and functional system constructed in accordance with the Contract Documents (WORK).
The Site WORK including structural pad, containment, piping, underground conduits and vaults must be substantially complete by October 15, 2019 and be ready for arrival of transformers and E-House.
Substantial completion WORK including cabling, energization, testing and commissioning, and transfer of PEPS MCC loads must be substantially complete by December 15, 2019.
The site of the WORK is located at the Durham Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility, located at 16060 SW 85th Avenue, Tigard, Oregon 97224 (Site).
The estimated construction cost of the WORK is $586,400.
The Bidding Documents are entitled Durham AWWTF – Train 5 Unit Substation Project No. 6967.
Obtaining Bidding Documents:
Bidders should request an electronic copy of the Bidding Documents from OWNER’s website at http://bids.cleanwaterservices.org
(Website) by selecting the title of the Bidding Documents and completing the section to request the document package. This information will be accumulated by OWNER for a Bid Holders List, which is available on the Website, and a bidder’s email will be used to send bidders automatic notifications when OWNER posts a new document or changes information related to the Bidding Documents. Prospective Bidders are responsible for obtaining any Addenda from either Owner’s Website or by using any links provided in automatic emails that may come from the Owner. If you would also like to receive notifications by RSS feed, you may subscribe to OWNER’S Open Solicitations RSS feed on the Website. If you experience problems downloading the Bidding Documents, please contact OWNER. Additional options for viewing, obtaining or purchasing the Bidding Documents, half-size or full-size drawings, or specifications are further described in Subsection 2.1 of Section 00100 and on OWNER’s website.
Each Bid shall be accompanied by a certified or cashier's check or Bid Bond in the amount of 10 percent of the Total Bid Price payable to OWNER as a guarantee that the Bidder, if its Bid is accepted, will promptly execute the Agreement. A Bid shall not be considered unless one of the forms of Bidder's security is enclosed with it. Each Bid must contain a statement as to whether a Bidder is a Resident Bidder as defined by ORS 279A.120.
The Bidder shall guarantee the Total Bid Price for a period of 60 calendar days from the date of Bid opening.
Prospective bidders are required to attend a mandatory pre-bid conference and Site visit on June 18, 2019 that will begin at 10:00 a.m., local time, and last until approximately two hours at the Site located at 16060 SW 85th Avenue, Tigard, Oregon 97224. The purpose of the conference and Site visit is to discuss the scope of the Project and bidding requirements and to acquaint Bidders with Site conditions. Detailed technical questions may be submitted in writing but they will be answered, if warranted, by addenda later. Oral statements may not be relied upon and will not be binding or legally effective.
For assistance with administrative issues, contact the OWNER:
For technical issues, contact Owner’s Engineer:
Jonathan Lilly, P.E.
R&W Engineering, Inc.
9615 SW Allen Blvd, Suite 107
Beaverton, OR email@example.com
Phone: (503) 726-3337
Prior to submission of its Bid, Bidder shall be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board as required by ORS 701.026, and thereafter comply with the requirements of ORS 701 (or, for landscaping projects, licensed by the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board). Bidders need not be licensed under ORS 468A.710 (regarding licensing of contractors on projects involving asbestos abatement.)
Bidders shall be qualified in accordance with the applicable parts of ORS 279C in order to submit a bid for public work in Oregon.
Owner reserves the right to cancel this solicitation or reject any Bid that does not comply with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, including the requirement to demonstrate the Bidder’s responsibility under ORS 279C.375(3)(b). Owner may reject any Bid in accordance with ORS 279C.395.